Social Media for Adult Education
OTAN has been following and documenting ways the adult education field uses social media. This workshop will highlight promising practices and offer hands-on practice. The following list of activities can be customized to the needs of the participants or be focused to specific apps:
- Explore ways agencies use Facebook pages and instructors use Facebook groups successfully to engage current and potential adult learners.
- Distinguish between features such as news feed, timeline, privacy settings for post, friends lists, events, pages, groups and apps.
- Participate in a Facebook group and create your own.
- Understand Twitter basics and identify who to follow.
- Identify strategies to engage learners to interact professionally through social media and expand their education.
Prerequisites: Participants need to have basic computer and Internet skills.
*** *** ***
Specific social media apps may be replaced for those listed when scheduling. This online workshop can also be made into a progressive series if needed for qualified requesting agencies.
For more information about this and other OTAN workshops contact OTAN at email@example.com.