OTAN Tech Talks (02) - February
Keep your skills current and relevant with education technology, blended learning, distance learning, formative assessments, communications, and more. Join OTAN and take a quick look at the tools, techniques, and tips specifically created for busy adult ed teachers. Every month a new topic will be covered where participants get tips, videos, articles, and individual questions answered!
FEBRUARY 2020: Internet Safety for Students and Teacher
Ever wonder how you can keep yourself and your learners safe when online - is that even possible? It is possible and you can use mobile devices, apps and online tools effectively and safely.
During this OTT, the presenter will:
1. explain what a web presence is,
2. show how to design and maintain a presence online that suits the individual personally and professionally,
3. explain detection techniques to avoid scams such as pharming, phishing and smashing (and to explain what those terms mean)
4. have participants become more aware of phone settings to increase mobile safety,
5. show how to use the Internet safely.
Participants are encouraged to have their mobile device with them to follow along as the presenter shows settings on different OS types.
This month's speaker: Susan Gaer, OTAN Subject Matter Expert, Mira Costa Community College
We look forward to seeing you at this OTAN Tech Talk
The OTAN Tech Talks are open forum where any adult educator or staff can present, unlike the OTAN Webinars which are hosted and facilitated by certified OTAN Trainers and Subject Matter Experts. Due to the "open forum" model of the OTTs, certificates of attendance will NOT be awarded to attendees.
For more information about this and other OTAN Workshops contact OTAN at email@example.com or call 916-228-2580.