Social Media for Adult Education
OTAN has been following and documenting the ways adult education field uses social media. This workshop will highlight best practices and offer hands-on practice for different social media tools. The following list of activities will be customized to the needs of the participants:
- Explore ways agencies use Facebook pages and instructors use Facebook groups successfully to engage current and potential adult learners,
- Distinguish between features such as news feed, timeline, privacy settings for post, friends lists, events, pages, groups and apps
- Participate in a Facebook group and create your own
- Understand Twitter basics and identify who to follow
- Identify strategies to engage learners to interact professionally through social media and expand their education.
Prerequisites: Participants should have basic computer and internet skills.
For more information about this and other OTAN Workshops contact OTAN at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-228-2580.