January 2018 Teachers' Digest
Online Workshops Webinars are offered by OTAN to meet the demands of busy adult educators. We are currently working on our line up for this year, so stay tuned and check the California Adult Education Professional Development calendar so you won't miss any!
Contact us at 916-228-2580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one of our workshops at your school this year! We will do most of the work for you. We just need your available computer lab.
OTAN offers a wide variety of no-cost, hands-on, three-hour workshops. We will come to your school if you have at least 10 interested participants and an approved lab. If you have a smaller school and need more participants, consider coordinating with other small schools in your area to fill your workshop. If there is a technology topic not listed that your staff needs assistance with, let us know and we will discuss creating a new workshop to meet that need. Here are some of our workshop titles:
- Moodle: Create a Course Web Site
- Beginning PowerPoint 2010 for Adult Education
- Advanced PowerPoint 2010 for Adult Education
- Chromebooks for Adult Education
- Creating Web Pages with Weebly
- Digital Badges in Adult Education (New!)
- EL Civics: Digital Literacy & Internet Safety (New!)
- Google Tools and Drive
- Interactive Whiteboards - Creating Student Activities (Promethean or SmartBoard)
- iPads in Adult Education
- Mobile Devices in Adult Education
- Office 365 for Adult Education (New!)
- Open Education Resources for Adult Educators
- Privacy, Practice, Presence, and You
- Social Media for Adult Education
Visit our Web site to see the complete list including descriptions and prerequisites for each.
Registration for OTAN's Technology and Distance Learning Symposium 2018 is now open!
This yearly event shows how to enhance technology integration in the classroom and how to start or grow your blended/distance learning programs through dynamic presentations and hands-on technology skill development. Topics include: Open Educational Resources, Digital Badges and Micro-credentialing, Mobile Devices, Online and Blended Instruction Delivery Models, Presentation Tools in the Classroom, Web-based Activities, and Online Resources for Adult Education.
Virtual Reality for Education
Virtual reality is a fun alternative way to engage students in the classroom by simulating real-world environments. This website has links to some research articles which explain the advantages of VR in the classroom, how to get started, and also lists some useful apps and other content for you and your students to experiment with.
Do you use a website, tool, or other resource that others might benefit from? If so, fill out this form, and your suggestion may be used in a future Web Siting!