Spelling City: Spelling
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Computer(s), Internet access, projector
Create customizable online activities to review, practice, and test spelling.
- You must register on the site (there is a free version) in order to save your word lists and access many of the site's features. You must provide your name and a valid e-mail address.
- You will be prompted to upgrade to a premium membership, but you may decline by selecting the link "No thanks. I'm OK with the free version for now."
- Check your e-mail and complete your registration by selecting the link provided.
- After registering and logging on to the site, follow the Creating Lists in Spelling City instructions (in the downloadable document above) to enter the spelling words.
- Walk students through the process of accessing your spelling/vocabulary lists (see Accessing Spelling City Learning Activities downloadable document above).
- Assign lists for students to learn and activities to complete.
Have students access the online spelling activities by following the Accessing Spelling City Learning Activities & Games instructions attached and selecting "Spelling Teach Me," "Hang Mouse," "Word Search," "Unscramble," "Audio Word Match" or "Missing Letter" from the list. Students can test their spelling by selecting "Spelling Test Me."
- Beginning Literacy
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High