Spelling - A Key to Good Communication: Possessive Nouns
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Teacher computer and printer
Activity DescriptionIn this activity, students practice making nouns possessive.
- Visit Web site and select and print lesson 5 on Possessive nouns.
- Create a list of nouns to use as part of a group exercise on making nouns possessive.
- Select and print the practice exercise for Possessives.
- Print the Answer key if you need to. The link to it is at the bottom of the practice exercise page.
- Review the rules for creating possessive nouns, both singular and plural. You can use the lesson as a guide and project it for all to see while covering it in class.
- As a class, go through your list of nouns with various students making the word into a possessive.
- Once they have grasped the concept, assign the Practice worksheet for students to complete on their own then go over the answers as a group.
More WaysThis site offers printable spelling lessons and practice exercises on a number of topics including homonyms, "s" ending, "ed" ending, "ing" ending, possessive nouns, "able/ible" ending, "ly ending, "ie/ei" words, commonly misspelled words, and guide words.
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low