Sheppard Software's U.S. Government Games
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Computer(s), Internet access, projector
An interactive Web site with U.S. government games on a number of topics including Checks & Balances, Branches of Government, members of the current administration, and the roles of the members of the Executive branch.
- Be sure your computer has the appropriate plug-ins to play the games.
- Play the games and decide which seems appropriate for your students.
- Decide if you want this to be a group or individual activity.
- Either as a class or individually, have students visit the Web site and select the game you have chosen.
- Play the game and discuss any points the students have trouble answering.
More WaysThis Web site has a wide variety of games on different topics, including vocabulary games, and more.
- Intermediate High
- (5.5) Understand the functions of government