Quia US Citizenship Test Activities
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Computer(s), Internet access, projector (for class presentation)
There are three interactive online activities for students to use individually or for teachers to use as whole-class game activities for review of questions and vocabulary related to the United States citizenship test. The three activities are Flashcards, Matching, and Concentration.
- Open the Web Site for the activities (above) and preview each one.
- Decide which activity you want to use with your class. The activities require Flash, so make sure that it is installed on the computer(s) you plan to use. Otherwise, just for the Flashcards, you can select "HTML" instead of "Java."
- Open the Web Site for the activities.
- Select the activity you plan to use.
- Tell students that they are going to review citizenship test questions with a fun activity. You may choose to call on students, have students come to the front of the classroom and select their answers by using the mouse to click, or dividing the class into teams for a competitive game.
- Show students the first question. For Flashcards, you can ask students to speak or write their answers. For Matching and Concentration, they can give oral directions telling you where to click or they can click themselves by using the mouse.
- After completing the activity, review the questions students had difficulty with or that they answered incorrectly.
- Play again or choose a different activity.
- Students can also use the activities individually or in pairs in a computer lab setting.
- You can share the activities by sending the link to your students' e-mail addresses (if they have e-mail accounts) by selecting the "E-mail to a Friend" link.
- By selecting "List of Terms" in an activity, you can see all the terms and definitions, which can be printed and distributed to students as study guides.
- You can also select the "Print" option in the tool box on the top right to get a handout similar to the exercise for students to do before or after the activity.
- Quia has numerous free activities, from Accounting to Zoology .
- Here are more Citizenship activities .
- Here are more ESL shared activities .
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High
- (2.5) Use community agencies and services
- (5.6) Understand civic responsibilities and activities
- (5.2) Understand historical and geographical information
- (5.5) Understand the functions of government
- (5.1) Understand voting and the political process