Polldaddy: Make Online Quizzes
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://polldaddy.com/s/3DCDA59D52997D90
Computer(s), Internet access, optional headphones or speakers
Use this Web site to make online quizzes, polls, ratings, or surveys for your classes. The free account provides 200 survey responses per month and 10 questions per survey.
- Make sure that the site is not blocked at your school.
- Download and review the PDF with instructions on creating a Polldaddy account and creating a poll.
- Choose questions for a quiz or other assessment instrument (poll, rating, or survey) from current course content (grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening, writing).
- After signing up, you can make a poll (one question—such as a voting ballot—or survey (multiple questions) with a free account or develop a survey for your students to take..
- Media—.jpeg, .png, or .gif images or .mp3 audio files—can be embedded or linked to questions.
- Consider how you will share the URL for the quiz or survey you create with students (via e-mail, linking on a class Web page, having students type in the URL, etc.).
- Pre-teach any necessary vocabulary or technology skills they will need to access the poll/survey online.
- Share the URL for your poll with your students so they can complete the poll or survey.
- Discuss the results with your students as part of a follow-up activity.
- With Polldaddy quizzes, you can set a pass score and choose whether or not the participants can see their results at the end of the quiz. The reports are very similar to the survey reports, except that you can view participants' correct and incorrect responses. See a sample Polldaddy Quiz [www].
- You can use as a classroom assessments to follow up on students' learning and get their input on a variety of class topics. You can use a variety of question types, including multiple choice, free text, and matrix.
- The site also allows for insertion of other types of media, such as YouTube video. Just copy and paste in a URL in the Media Embed box. With the free account, up to 100 responses can be entered per survey, poll, rating widget, or quiz. The results can be embedded, linked, or e-mailed. See the Polldaddy PDF file for instructions on using the site.
For ratings, students can be asked to rate restaurants, movies, songs, TV programs, politicians... even your teaching! By creating a new rating, you choose rating types (stars or thumbs-up/thumbs-down) with text, color, and font options. After saving the rating, you can embed it on a Web page as a widget. Rate Polldaddy with this sample ratings widget [www]
- Beginning Literacy
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High
- All Levels
- (7.2) Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills
- (7.4) Demonstrate study skills
- (7.7) Demonstrate the ability to use information and communication technology