Passport to English: Health Listening Activity
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Computer(s), Internet access, and headphones for each student
In this activity, students listen to a conversation between a doctor and a patient, and answer questions about the dialog.
- Review the activity and how the site works so you are comfortable with it in class.
- Pre-teach any basic Internet navigation and keyboarding skills your students are not familiar with to be able to complete the activity.
- Check to make sure the audio file plays on the student computers.
- Put the link to this activity on the desktop of each student computer or on your class Web page.
- Review the vocabulary and grammar used in the dialog (see the Lesson 12 Vocabulary and Grammar links)
- Have students go to the Web site, listen to the dialogue, and answer the comprehension questions.
See the links to other activities for this Lesson 12 - Health lesson including Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, Dialog, Pronunciation, Dictation, and Game.
- The City
- The Future
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- (0.1) Communicate in interpersonal interactions
- (3.6) Understand basic health and medical information
- (3.5) Understand basic principles of health maintenance
- (3.4) Understand basic safety measures and health risks
- (3.1) Understand how to access and use the health care system
- (3.3) Understand how to select and use medications