Learn English Feel Good Videos: Listening Comprehension Exercises
Website Example: http://www.learnenglishfeelgood.com/eslvideo/index.html
Computer(s), Internet access, speaker(s) or headsets
Use the site’s clips from movies, comedies, and movie trailers for students to practice listening comprehension and reading and to expose students to authentic language.
- Make sure that the site is not blocked at your school before using it with students.
- Go to the Example Web Site (above) and select Clips from movies, Comedy, Trailers (1), or Trailers (2) to view video titles.
- Select a video that fits with course content and objectives. Preview the video and the questions.
- Decide if you will have students do the exercise individually, in pairs, or as a whole-class activity.
- Open a Web browser to the selected video.
- Press the Play button to watch the video, pausing, rewinding, and re-watching, as needed.
- Have the class answer the multiple-choice listening comprehension questions below the video by selecting answers or assign students to answer the questions individually or in pairs.
- Check answers by choosing Check answers.
- Teach your students how to recognize and avoid the advertising found at this and many other Web sites. This is a critical skill that everyone needs to learn.
- The main site has several online exercises students can do for practice. Scroll down the pages to see the extensive list of exercises on each:
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High
- (7.3) Demonstrate ability to use problem-solving skills
- (7.4) Demonstrate study skills
- (7.7) Demonstrate the ability to use information and communication technology