Englishpage: Verb Tenses Tutorials and Online Quizzes
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/verbtenseintro.html
Computer(s), Internet access
Activity DescriptionUse the site's Verb Tense tutorials and online exercises for review when teaching the main verb tenses in English. The Web site's explanations can be used in your teaching of the verb tense or can be assigned to students to read individually for review.
PreparationMake sure that the site is not blocked at your school. If it is, you can print out and photocopy the exercises for your students.
- Open the Web site in your Web browser.
- Select the desired verb tense under Topics Covered.
- Have students read through the explanations and take notes, then do the online Verb Tense Exercises for practice by typing in the correct forms of the verbs.
- Have students select the Hint button (at the bottom of the exercise) to have a letter provided, then have them select the Check button to see the correct answers.
Teacher TipsThe exercises generally combine two verb tenses and students need to type in the correct of two forms (present and present continuous, for example). The site does have some ads, but they are not overwhelming.
More WaysThe site also has a weekly grammar lesson, vocabulary lessons, other grammar tutorials and exercises, irregular verbs flashcards, links to sites for listening and reading online, and a phrasal verb dictionary.
- Intermediate High
- (7.4) Demonstrate study skills