Azar Grammar Series: Understanding and Using English Grammar
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.azargrammar.com/materials/index.html
Computer(s), Internet access, projector, Microsoft PowerPoint software
Use these PowerPoint® presentations as visual aids to present some of the chapters in Azar's Understanding & Using English Grammar. Each of the 10 presentations is designed as a beyond-the-book activity based on a thematic reading embedded with the target grammar structures. They are intended to be used AFTER the chapter has been studied in class.
- Download and review the short UUEG Teacher Notes PowerPoint to familiarize yourself with the contents of the presentations
Advanced Level - UUEG Teacher Notes
- Download the PowerPoint of the chapter you will be presenting in class and review its contents.
Advanced Level - Teacher Resources for Azar's Grammar
- Write the objective(s) for the lesson on the board and review them with the class.
- Present the chapter in the book.
- Have students complete the exercises in the chapter.
- Finish the chapter with the thematic reading provided in the chapter's PowerPoint presentation.
This site offers a huge assortment of printable teacher-created worksheets for each chapter, expansion activities/interactive tasks and games that focus on each grammar point, and vocabulary worksheets as well as song lessons.