Azar Grammar Series: Basic English Grammar
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.azargrammar.com/materials/beg/BEG_PowerPoint.html
Computer(s), Internet access, projector, Microsoft PowerPoint software
Use these PowerPoint® presentations as visual aids to present each of the 16 chapters in Azar's Basic English Grammar (red book). These PowerPoint® presentations contain all new content for every grammar chart in every chapter. Color, animation, and photographs are used in effective and exciting ways to enhance your existing lessons.
- Download and review the short BEG Teacher Notes PowerPoint to familiarize yourself with the contents of the presentations (Preview Slides, Section Opener Slides, Chart Slides, and Let's Practice Slides)
Beginning Level - Teacher Notes
- Download the PowerPoint of the chapter you will be presenting in class and review its contents.
Beginning Level - Teacher Resources for Azar's Grammar
- Write the objective(s) for the lesson on the board and review them with the class.
- Introduce the grammar point using the PowerPoint presentation and verify understanding through the "Let's Practice" section of the PowerPoint.
- Have students complete the exercises in the book.
This site offers a huge assortment of printable teacher-created worksheets for each chapter, expansion activities/interactive tasks and games that focus on each grammar point, and vocabulary worksheets as well as song lessons.
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High