123 Certificates: Printable Bookmarks
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.123certificates.com/valentines_bookmarks.php
Computer(s), Internet Access, printer
Students can make bookmarks in less than five minutes. For Valentine's Day, students can make a bookmark of appreciation for a loved one, family member, friend, coworker, or classmate. However, the Web site can be used to make a printable bookmark for any time of the year.
- Make sure that the site is not blocked at your school before having students use it.
- Practice using the site yourself to anticipate challenges.
- Obtain some card stock to print the bookmarks on.
- First have student choose a person to dedicate the bookmark to or make it for.
- Have students write a sentence of appreciation by modeling your own sentence.
- Go to the Web site.. If the link does not work when you select it, copy and paste it to your Internet browser.
- Select any bookmark design you like, noting the style name above the bookmark. There are 12 templates.
- In the text fields, type in the title, subtitle, recipient's name, and reason.
- In the Pick a Bookmark Style box, choose the design you want by selecting the number of the template you prefer. You can make four bookmarks at a time and each one can have a different design.
- Select the "make it" button at the bottom of the page. Print your bookmarks.
You can save the sheet if you want (go to File>Save As on your browser) and print later, but you cannot make any changes. If you print the bookmarks on cardstock instead of paper, they will last longer. Make sure to select the correct paper settings on your printer or photocopier. If you laminate them, they will be more durable.
To save time, have students write what they will type in the text fields on the Web site and correct their spelling, grammar, and punctuation before they use the site.
- Teachers can use the site to make many types of certificates and greeting cards.
- Here are more themed bookmarks.
- Beginning Literacy
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- (0.1) Communicate in interpersonal interactions
- (2.7) Understand aspects of society and culture
- (7.2) Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills
- (7.3) Demonstrate ability to use problem-solving skills
- (7.1) Identify or demonstrate effective skills and practices in accomplishing goals