Curriculum Offers: NROC
This course is designed for students striving to meet basic college entrance requirements. The integrated curriculum, spanning reading comprehension, writing, vocabulary building, and grammar skills, allows students to practice strategies for reading and writing effectively.
Select this link to view the table of contents for the course.
This course is available for use on OTAN's Moodle site https://adultedcourses.org. You can view a sample course (once you have an account at the adultedcourses.org site) at Sample—NROC Developmental English.
This course is designed for students striving to meet basic college entrance requirements. The adaptive pre-assessment personalizes a learner's path through Arithmetic, Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, and Statistics, Geometry, and Trigonometry topics.
This course is available for use on OTAN's Moodle site https://adultedcourses.org. You can view a sample course (once you have an account at the adultedcourses.org site) at Sample—NROC Developmental Math with Pre-Assessments (with assessments) or Sample—NROC Developmental Math–Standard v2017 (No Pre-Assessments) (without assessments).
EdReady is a math and English readiness system that employs a knowledge inventory to personalize a learner's path to subject mastery within the context of a specific educational goal. Edready can
- determine a student's readiness to take college-level math and/or English courses.
- provide the resources a student needs to improve math and/or English knowledge.
- help a student to manage and achieve academic and employment goals.
- identify colleges, universities, or programs that are appropriate for your skills and interests.
- prepare you for specific equivalency or standardized exams, such as the GED©./HiSET©./TASC©, TABE, CASAS, and Accuplacer©.
EdReady Math Pathways
It's a common story: A person sets out in pursuit of a degree or job track only to hit an immediate roadblock—their current math skills don't measure up to the requirements of a particular program of study or vocation. That's why NROC developed EdReady math pathways—152 goals aligned to the most common career and certificate programs in the United States.
EdReady, a personalized learning system, helps students gain the math readiness required by their degree or job aspirations, providing a concise study path unique to their goals.
To read a case study about how EdReady helped a group of Inland Career Education Center Adult Education welding students master the math skills necessary to pass the national Beginning Welding Certification.
HippoCampus is a curated repository of over 6,800 multimedia learning objects—including videos, animations, and simulations—in math, science, social science, and humanities subjects from NROC and other respected providers, including Khan Academy, PhET, and NOAA.
Visit the HippoCampus website at http://www.hippocampus.org/?user=myOTAN.
For the last several years, OTAN has been a valued member of The NROC Project—a non-profit organization focused on supporting student success through the implementation of quality media-based resources. Through our ongoing partnership, WIOA-funded sites within the state of California receive added benefits, such as:
- Ability to pilot NROC content and tools for free.
- Access to over 7000 learning objects via HippoCampus.
- A 10% discount on all site-specific NROC memberships.
- Invitations to professional development opportunities and access to a library of previously recorded webinars.
Contact OTAN by email: email@example.com or phone at 916-228-2580 for more information.