TDLS 2021 - USA Learns Citizenship – A FREE Online Course
Take a tour of USA Learns' five English courses, which were developed by the Sacramento County Office of Education, and include thousands of multimedia elements that teach English listening, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, pronunciation, reading, writing, speaking and job skills.
Preview USA Learns' English courses (www.usalearns.org):
- 1st English Course: Based on Putting English to Work videos, the course teaches beginning English with engaging stories of an adult education class.
- English 1 Plus: This course is based on Voice of America Let's Learn English videos and teaches beginning high / intermediate low English.
- 2nd English Course: Based on English for All videos, the course teaches intermediate English.
- Practice English and Reading: The course is based on real news stories and provides reading and vocabulary practice.
- Skills for the Nursing Assistant: This is a new course that teaches on-the-job communication and CNA skills.
Brainstorm ways to use these materials in your class, whether it be at a distance, blended, or face-to-face.
Learn how to quickly create your own free online course based on USA Learns' content (usalearns.org/teacher); monitor students' progress, scores, and time spent; and access useful reports.
Get ideas from experienced teachers about how to use the site and its resources.
Learn why more than 15,000,000 people use USA Learns free!
Andrea Willis, Director, Internet and Media Services, Sacramento County Office of Education
Jennifer Gagliardi, USA Learns & OTAN Subject Matter Expert