U.S. Department of Education Launches $1 Million Future Finder Challenge to Reimagine Career Navigation for Adult Learners
Posted on 10/05/2022
Multistage Challenge will Advance Digital Tools that Meet the Unique Needs of Adult Learners
The U.S. Department of Education invites innovators — including strategists, developers, user-centered designers, and educators — to submit prototypes for digital tools that will improve the career navigation experience for adult learners.
There are two stages and deployment.
Stage 1: Open Submissions
- Innovators submit prototypes.
- Submissions are due by 6:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, December 15, 2022.
- Five finalists will be selected to receive $50,000 each and progress to Stage 2.
Stage 2: Accelerator
- Finalists will have access to virtual resources, expert mentorship to help build and test their tools.
- Guidance around user-centered design, data collection, evaluation and sustainability will be shared.
- Finalists will submit their market ready tools for review and participate in a live demo day.
- One grand-prize winner will receive $500,000 and up to two runners-up will receive a share of $250,000.
Beyond the Challenge: Deployment
Winners will be supported with guidance about marketing and customizable templates for communications materials as they deploy their solutions across the adult ed ecosystem.
Full Article: Future Finder Challenge