Annual IDEAL Institute August 22-23, 2017
Posted on 08/24/2017
The IDEAL Consortium, a project of the EdTech Center at World Education, Inc., is working to develop effective distance education programs for adult learners, raising the quality of blended and distance online learning across the United States through new educational technology innovations and collaborative research and practice.
For 15 years, Project IDEAL, now renamed as the IDEAL Consortium, has provided technical assistance, web-based tools, and publications to member states to help them design and implement distance education and blended learning programs based on their distinct needs. Now, as part of the EdTech Center, IDEAL continues to ensure opportunities for distance education leaders from different states to meet and learn from each other, gain new insight into what works, and access professional development materials. Technical support is available to members on data collection and analysis, reporting, distance education and blended learning program design, instructional strategies, mobile learning, and selection and use of online curricula. Research, workshop topics, and ongoing discussion respond to the needs and interests of consortium membership.
IDEAL Consortium members are gearing up for the annual IDEAL Institute that will take place August 22-23, 2017 in Minneapolis. The Institute is an opportunity for member states to check in with each other and make connections. The Institute offers a peer network where members compare notes about best practices, policy implementation, innovative ideas, and overcoming challenges.
At this year’s Institute, meeting topics will include:
- Mobile learning: Promising practices for engagement and extending reach of adult education programs - Alison Webber (World Education) and Penny Pearson and Branka Marceta (CA)
- Digital badging and professional development - Glenda Rose, PhD (TX)
- English Now! project presentation - Priyanka Sharma (World Education) and Sherry Lehane (RI)
- Blended Learning: Christensen Institute models in action - Stephanie Bulgrin (AZ)
- Competency Based Models in education and blended learning - Donna Chambers and Nancy LaBonte (RI)
Plus plenty of time will be allotted for group discussion and networking. Watch for meeting highlights to be published in September.
Learn more about IDEAL Consortium.
Source: World Ed U.S. Newsletter email July 28, 2017