Use some of the following questions to create an interview handout providing space to write answers, which students will use for classmate interviews:
Biography Information Practice
Write your answers to these questions in complete sentences. Use "I" to start each sentence.
Then ask and answer the questions in complete sentences with your group members. Help your group members use the correct verb tense (past).
1. When were you born?
2. Where were you born?
3. Where did you grow up?
4. How many brothers and sisters do you have? What are their names? Where do they live? What is your position in your family (only child, the oldest, middle, the youngest)?
5. When did you get your first job? What was the job?
6. When did you learn to drive?
7. When did you immigrate to the USA?
8. Are you married? If so, when did you get married? What is your spouse’s name?
9. Do you have children? If so, when did you have your first child? How many children do you have? What are their names and ages? Do they live with you? If you don’t have kids, talk about your pets.
10. When did you start school here?
11. Are you a United States citizen? If so, when did you become a citizen?
12. What is a cause, organization, or movement that is important for you? (e.g., the environment, education, equal rights, PTO, etc.). Do you participate in this cause, organization, or movement? If so, how?
13. What is a plan you have for the future?