Congratulations to Our Adult Education Students Succeed Honorees!
Each year, the California Adult Education Students Succeed program recognizes the hard work that adult education students have completed in the pursuit of their personal, academic, and professional goals and aspirations. OTAN is happy to share the results from the many nominations submitted this year to the Students Succeed program for recognition of the wonderful accomplishments by students during their time in adult education programs across the state.
Reviewers used a five-point rubric to review each nomination, and the following students achieved the minimum score for recognition:
- Marlyn Cudeback, Torrance Adult School
- Dora Duenas, San Juan Adult Education
- Leticia Fabian, Sweetwater Adult Education
- Amanda Lauer, Mountain View Los Altos Adult School
- Tomoko Miyahara, Palo Adult Adult School
- Magdalena Moralez, Turlock Adult School
- Yessnari Roque, Downey Adult School
- Gabriel Souza, San Diego Continuing Education
- Steven Stewart, Fontana Adult School
- Ruiyang Xiao, Rowland Adult and Community Education
Among this group of outstanding students, there were two students who achieved the highest scores:
- Crystal Espinoza, Clovis Adult Education
- Logan Hindle, Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center
OTAN will produce video stories of Crystal and Logan’s adult education stories in the coming months, and ACSA will also honor them at its annual 2020 Students Succeed event in the fall.
OTAN is currently gathering stories and photos from each student to share on the Adult Education Students Succeed website. As we gather those stories, we will share them with you in the coming weeks.
Congratulations again to all of our Students Succeed honorees!