Easy Vocabulary Quizzes with Pictures: Adjectives
Example Web Site and/or Technical Equipment Required
Website Example: http://www.manythings.org/vq/
Computer(s), Internet access
In this online activity, students test their knowledge of 27 adjectives by selecting the picture that matches the adjective. Immediate feedback is provided for each answer.
- Teach the 27 adjectives included in the quiz: warm, strong, slow, sleepy, scary, rich, poor, painful, old, noisy, hungry, heavy, handsome, full, sick, fat, fast, far, famous, difficult, dangerous, cute, cool, cold, busy, bad, and angry.
- To get printable copies of the drawings (that will be used later in the quiz) go to this page where you will find the individual images. You can use them as flash cards to teach the vocabulary.
- Direct students to the Example Web Site (above).
- Have students select the picture that matches the adjective. Show that they can use their mouse to click "OK" on the message box or simply select the "Return/Enter" key to go on to the next question.
- Have students show you their scores when they have completed the quiz.
- Students who do poorly should be encouraged to study the adjectives they do not know and attempt the quiz again.
- The pictures on this Web site are a bit small and difficult to see, so you should show your students how to zoom in on the Web site to make them bigger. Doing this is very simple: hold down the CTRL key (on your keyboard) and press the + (plus sign on your keyboard) until the images are large enough to see. The pictures can be made smaller by holding down the CTRL key and pressing the - (minus sign).
- The main site (immediately above) offers other vocabulary quizzes in which students choose the picture that matches the word. There are eight quizzes on nouns, three quizzes on verbs and one quiz on food.
- The site also offers some newer quizzes that feature seven different picture-based games that can be played using vocabulary for animals, food and drinks, vegetables, sports, things in my house, furniture, clothing, transportation, tools, buildings, and shapes.
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low