ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Google Classroom for Adult Education|
G-Suites and Classroom are being used worldwide in a variety of educational settings. What better way to prepare adult education students for higher education or attain job skills than with Google? Classroom provides an online learning environment for students that utilizes all things Google and more. The Google Classroom workshop will go through the steps of creating classes, assignments and conversation streams, enrolling students that use the same domain, tracking complete status, calendaring and due dates, weighting grades and grading, as well as tips for getting the most out of an online Google Classroom.
In order for teachers to use Google Classroom, their district or site must use G-Suites EDU. Those with an @gmail.com account (G-Suites PUB) are unable to use or deploy Google Classrom. If you are unsure whether your site has G-Suites EDU, go to drive.google.com and enter your district or school email address to Sign In. If it works - you are able to use Classroom.
|Session length||3-4 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.