ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Chromebooks for Adult Education|
T|H|E Journal reported in April 2015 that the sales of Chromebooks to educational buyers has surpassed those of iPads. There are more adult schools using Chromebooks, too. This introductory workshop will help teachers identify the features such as the Webcam, microphone, and keyboard shortcuts. The participants will recognize apps available to them and distinguish between apps, extensions, and themes in the Google Web store. Examples of classroom activities will engage the group in exploring more ways to use Chromebooks effectively in adult education.
|Session length||3 hrs|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.