ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Open Education Resources and Adult Education|
The printing press was a world-altering invention, so is the Internet. Could the next information revolution come from something so simple as the act of sharing? Come learn about Open Education Resources (OER), what are they, where and how do you find them as well as understand Creative Commons licensing and how you can create and share your own OER. Discover how to find and implement re-usable, re-mixable, re-sharable materials for your classroom.Working together with the facilitator, you will practice developing search strategies, how to modify and refine your strategy, identify open licensed materials, looking at OER repositories and a brief introduction to a few tools to manage your new resources.Prerequisites: Basic computer and Internet skills. Must have an e-mail address.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.