ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Google Tools and Drive I|
This hands-on workshop is the first in a 2-part series that will introduce different Google tools and how they can be used in adult education. During the workshop, participants will learn how staff and students use many different Google tools on any smart device. Demonstration, as well as hands-on time, will be included for tools that include: calendar, translate and phrasebook, keywords, maps and engine, calculator, YouTube, advanced search, and Google Educator. The sharing and collaborative aspects of Google Drive will also be explored. Participants will learn to create, upload, and share forms, documents, presentations, and drawings. Different approaches to sharing with colleagues and/or students will be highlighted as well as how to import and export different file formats and organize and search for files and folders. Google is ever changing - and this workshop follows suit. If you have already attended a Drive I workshop, this workshop will reflect all the new and current Google Tools and Drive features.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
|WHERE: ABC Adult School||WHEN: Wednesday, 04/12/2017 @ 8:00 AM||REGISTER|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.