ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Creating Web Pages with Weebly - Part 1|
Want a super easy way to get your students to all those wonderful Web sites, deliver handouts electronically, and post pictures of all your fun events? Developing a class Web site has never been easier using the simple (and free) visual interface of Weebly. During the workshop, participants will begin to develop a Web site by choosing one of many colorful themes, entering text for announcements or assignments, organizing and creating multiple Web pages, creating links to other Web sites, and adding pictures/clipart and documents. We will also discuss how to use the site for collaboration/discussion or writing practice. Participants should bring a USB flash drive with any picture/clip art files, documents, or Web links (URLs) that they would like to include on their Web site. Pictures must be in .GIF or .JPG format.
Prerequisites: Participants must have a Weebly account before coming to the workshop. Let us know if you need instructions on how to get an account at http://education.weebly.com. It is easy and free. Basic computer and Internet skills are also necessary.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 20 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide them).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 10 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.