Digital Leadership Academy for #AdultEdu – Apply NowPosted on 09/02/2016
OTAN is announcing the start of a new professional development project. The Digital Leadership Academy(DLAC) will assist agencies in meeting their technology integration, or online or blended teaching goals. The program is designed to be flexible in how agencies can best use the resources offered by OTAN to support their own agency goals.
Administrators are invited to nominate a team of two or more instructors and coordinators who will lead the agency in a two-year commitment to achieve the educational technology goals. The following are key aspects of DLAC:
- Two-year time frame
- Team approach (send multiple people from the same agency)
- Align efforts to goals stated in the Technology and Distance Learning Plan
- Train for effective implementation of educational technology
- Focus on improving digital skills of adult learners
- OTAN supports team and agency in developing goals
- OTAN documents the process
- OTAN and agency celebrate and publicize measured outcomes
Take advantage of this sustained professional development free for adult education agencies funded by grants from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity act, Title II; Adult Education & Family Literacy Act. Build your agency's capacity for technology integration, as well as blended, distance and online teaching and learning.
Read about the selection criteria and the online application process at http://www.otan.us/digital-leadership-academy. OTAN staff are a phone call away at (916)-228-2587, standing by to answer questions and provide technical assistance about this exciting opportunity. Deadline to apply is midnight, Sunday, September 11, 2016.