Designing a Better Future for Adult Learners: A Cross-Country Collaboration, Nov 18 9PST/12 ESTPosted on 11/03/2015
Digital Promise’s Adult Learning Initiative in close cooperation with the Barbara Bush Foundation Adult Literacy XPRIZE and the MIT Media Lab is convening a nationwide, multi-city design day to explore how new digital learning opportunities could be designed for under-skilled, under-served adults.
- Engage in local DESIGN challenges focused on designing real solutions for adult learners.
- LEARN about adult students, as well as how the market works, who the buyers are and how funding works.
- CONNECT with entrepreneurs, educators, researchers, and investors who can help make your design a reality.
The day will begin with a simulcast panel discussion connecting all the host locations. Teams at the various individual locations will then dive into to the challenge of thinking about and designing solutions for adult learners. The end of the of the day will again be simulcast for an exchange of ideas and responses from all locations.
Collaboration Locations and times:
- GSV Labs, Redwood City, CA 9am - 3pm PST
- 1776, Washington, DC -- 12pm - 6pm EST
- LearnLaunch, Boston, MA -- 12pm - 6pm EST
- 1871, Chicago, IL -- 11am - 5pm CST
Registration is free.