8 Ways to Avoid Teacher BurnoutPosted on 10/26/2015
In her article on We Are Teachers, Elizabeth Mulvahill presents reflections and advice from veteran teachers about what is it at the end of the day that keeps teachers devoted to their increasingly difficult work. The following eight tips are presented in more detail .
- Stay positive.
- Find celebrations in everyday moments.
- Keep your sense of humor.
- Focus on relationships, not data or paperwork or politics.
- Take pride in seeing students become empowered learners at every level.
- Have faith in your abilities as a teacher.
- Never forget—teaching always has been, and always will be, an honorable, worthwhile pursuit.