April is National Financial Literacy MonthPosted on 04/08/2015
In 2011 President Barack Obama issued a proclamation designating April 2011 as a National Financial Literacy Month. Some resources listed at that time were www.MyMoney.gov and www.ConsumerFinance.gov .
This year a Twitter search on #FinLitMonth comes back with the following resources related to this topic relative to adult education
- NCFL's financial literacy app
- ProLiteracy Financial Literacy Month calendar
- New Reader's Press Easy Money guide on money management
- Flocabulary's video on different banking scenarios
- The Wall Street Journal Test of Financial Literacy
Among OTAN resources here are some of the highlights
- Help Students Learn to Become Money Wise Web-based Activity from Kristi Reyes
- Adult Literacy; Money Management; Numeracy, CDE AEO publication with resources
- KQED Education Blog post on Financial Literacy Resources
- Money Talks , An ESOL Toolkit for Financial Literacy
- Financial Literacy Lessons for ESL Students by San Diego CCD
- Project Money for learners by learners out of San Francisco Public Library
- Financial Fitness , a guide to everyday money by Kentucky Adult Education and NCFL
- TV411 Finance section
Happy national financial literacy month and happy learning!
Read the 2015 proclamation for National Financial Capability Month .